- Secure Payment Guarantee
IT8x18 Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing Literature Review
Produce an academic literature review on a topic in software quality assurance and testing. The literature review is a description and a critique of the literature that identifies potential areas for further research. Choose a topic from the topic list or choose another topic.
- The current status of testing in selected countries
- Performance testing of web applications
- User interface testing of web applications
- Testing open source software systems
- Testing in agile software development projects
- Test automation
- Test Team vs Developers: how to collaborate better?
- Test-driven development
- Testing mobile applications in countries with partial mobile coverage
- Testing online games
- Database testing
- End user participation in testing
- Before you begin, ensure your topic is approved by your lecturer..
- An important initial reading is by Garousi and Mäntylä (2016).
- Review the materials provided on Moodle on writing a literature review.
- Locate the journal articles and conference papers for your review by searching online databases available through the Whitireia library and using Google Scholar. Only include peer-reviewed quality literature in your review. The public library online database also provides some good resources.
- Read and annotate the articles you have selected. Critique the articles by summarising their purpose, research method, key conclusions or contributions, and reflecting on their strengths and weaknesses. As you work, add your articles and sources to a reference management system such as Zotero or Endnote.
Literature review content
The review must include the following.
- An abstract of no more than 100 words.
- An introduction to the review and a description of the review structure.
- A sensible and logical set of themes or subtopics relevant to the topic. Each sub-topic should be addressed in a separate section. Each section must have a meaningful heading.
- A conclusion that summarises the review and also discusses two or more open research questions on the topic that arise from the review.
- A reference list of 5 to 10 pertinent peer reviewed journal articles, conference papers, or books. Cite no more than three books.
Literature review specifications
The literature review must meet the following specifications.
- Be approximately 1500 words in length. The abstract and reference list are not included in this word allocation.
- Use single spacing, 12-point standard business font, and normal margins.
- Use appropriate captions and cross-referencing on tables and figures in the text.
- Use a reference management system such as Zotero or Endnote. Do not use MS Word referencing system.
- Use APA 6th or 7th citation and referencing.
- Type your full name, the name of the paper, and the assignment number and name on the assignment.
- Type the word count on the front page of the assignment.