- Secure Payment Guarantee
BUSS150 Management SIBT University Australia
Your report must include the following compulsory sections:
1. Company background (NB: THIS SECTION MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE TEAM, AND NOT BY ONE INDIVIDUAL).
- Brief history of the business.
- Current location(s), products/ services or industries.
- List of competitors.
- Who is the current CEO, and the founder(s) of the business, and length of their tenure.
- Strategic plans and goals.
- Mission, vision and value statements.
- Corporate plans: Are they expanding, divesting or using a status quo approach?
- Business or tactical plans: Using Michael Porters model, explain how they compete.
- Functional level or operational plans: provide any detail about how they operate.
- Analyse and evaluate whether this company is achieving its strategies. What recommendations for strategic change
would you suggest? In order to respond to this question, you will be required to use the information on the financial performance of this organisation.
3. Organisational structure:
- Include an organisational chart, with details of business locations, senior management teams or divisions/
- departments and board of directors.
- Review and evaluate whether this company is mechanistic or organic, using the 6 elements of design
- Is this a suitable structure for this organisation? Explain your response.
- What recommendations can you suggest for improvements to the business structure and co-ordination? In order to respond to this question, you will be required to use the information on the strategies of this organisation.
4. Financial performance:
- Current and previous 10 years.
- Include chart(s) or graph(s) that reflect the organisations historical financial performance.
- Discuss HOW the business is performing.
- Where is it performing well?
- Where is it performing poorly?
- Explain any changes to performance over the past 5 – 10 years.
- What recommendations can you suggest. This section requires that you analyse the latest financial report to support your recommendations.
5. External and internal forces:
- Using a detailed SWOT analysis, describe the forces in the external environment that are impacting both directly and indirectly, as well as the internal strengths & weaknesses of the business.
- Explain whether the evidence suggests this company is responding effectively to the uncertainty these forces create.
- What recommendations can you suggest on HOW can this organisation respond to these threats, and HOW they can further utilize or build their capabilities?
- Identify both the founder(s) and the current CEO of the organisation.
- What CEO management competencies do you consider to be most important to this company?
- This can be based on your reflection of the strategies, and the structure,
- Justify your answer by relating it to the structure and strategy of the business.
- Using leadership model(s) and concepts, describe the leadership style of the current CEO and of the founder of the business (Blake & Mouton’s Managerial grid, and any other).
- Critically discuss whether the CEO’s style of leadership is appropriate to the organisation, its goals and the industry, by evaluating the strengths & weaknesses of this style, for his particular business.
- Examine whether an alternative style may be more effective.
- What recommendations can you suggest on the most appropriate style?
7. Ethics, corporate social responsibility and sustainability:
- Review the CSR and Sustainability policies of the business. Using relevant models and concepts, like AB Carroll’s, examine the level of ethics and CSR displayed by this company. (Make sure you look for news stories about this business and the CEO).
- Does the business live up to their vision and values?
- Do you consider this company as “ethical”? To what extent? Justify your answer.
- What recommendations can you offer to improve the reputation and image of this organisation? If you believe this company is in fact ethical, analyse and explain the impact its values have. What can other businesses learn from this company?
Optional sections, depending on the number of your team:
8. Organisational culture:
- Describe the Organisation Culture by applying Schein’s typology, Cameron & Quinn’s typology, and any other relevant model(s).
- Assess the impact of this culture on the organisations strategies, leadership and workers and other key stakeholders.
- Justify the relevance of the culture.
- Evaluate whether you think the culture suits the environment and whether there are any issues.
- Recommendations: What changes would you make to the culture, and how would you go about this. If you believe the culture is relevant and effective, what could other businesses learn from this company? How can other business create this type of culture?